Friday, July 30, 2010

We played some shows, gonna play some more

This past weekend we did our first string of shows with our new singer, Daniel, who is not to be confused with our old singer, Daniel. I must say, I was a little nervous getting back into the saddle. Our first show was in Dayton, OH at one of our favorite venue's, Blind Bob's. It was a familiar stage and a familiar crowd which was comforting, and I must say, we slayed. After the show we spent the night at our friend Chip's place and awoke to the smell of bacon, eggs and stale beer. It was a rough night, you'll see some of it in a fourth coming Webisode to be released in a week or so. The next night was at a house in Indianapolis on Tibbs ave. Upon our arrival I spoke to my dad on the phone. 'Tibbs ave?' he said, 'That's not a very good part of town is it?' 'Probably not,' I said after glancing down the block at the boarded up houses and trash covering the sidewalks. After loading in me and Ben decided to walk down to the corner liquor store to purchase some drinks for the evening. Given our current location, we decided to buy a 40 for everyone in the band. '6 king cobra's please' Ben said through a hole in the partition separating us from the booze. 'Honey, if you buy 8 you'll get a discount,' the kind woman behind the impenetrable fortress of bullet proof glass replied. 'How much for 8?' I ask. 'That'll be ohhhhhhh $5.62'. Me and Ben exchange a glance of astonishment. 'Alright, we'll take em' Ben replied. To our disappointment, the woman brought back 8 16oz cans of King Cobra. Bummer. 'Well shit, I mean these are still really cheap, why don't we just get 16, it'll be like ten bucks,' I said to Ben. 'Well if you get an entire case, it's only $13.82' the woman said. 'OK!' The next thing I know, I'm walking down the block carrying 24 16oz cans of King Cobra getting honked at by every car that drives by. 'Oh man, you guys are partying tonight' someone yelled from a passing vehicle. I even had a cute girl in a convertible give me a honk and wave. We arrive back at the house at the exact same time Dan and Will walk in carrying a 30 pack of PBR. Lack of communication can lead to way too much beer. Needless to say, the show was fun, we brought our friend from Dayton, Brandon Hawk, with us. That dude rules. We played well, there were kids singing along to the songs, I even had a cute girl kiss me on the lips! All around successful night. The next night we played in our hometown for our best friends. I don't need to go into details on this one, it's a no brainer. Shit ruled. So, I think we've all realized once again why we're doing this. Why we've put our lives on hold for the time being. We've been cooped up in Columbus for the past 3 months waiting. And now the time has come to dust off the old van, pack our bags, and blow this popsicle stand. See you on the road!

8/17 - Hot Springs, AK @ Maxine's
8/18 - Austin, TX @ Stubb's
8/19 - Dallas, TX @ Prophet Bar
8/20 - Lafayette, LA @ Sadie's
8/21 - New Orleans, LA @ the Den at the Howlin Wolf
8/22 - Birmingham, AL @ TBA
8/24 - Orlando, FL @ Will's Pub
8/26 - Atlanta, GA @ the Drunken Unicorn
8/27 - Asheville, NC @ Lexington Ave. Brewery
9/1 - Louisville, KY @ TBA
9/2 - Columbus, Oh @ the Basement
9/3 - Indianapolis, IN @ 1132 n. Tibbs Ave (House)
9/7 - Pontiac, MI @ Vernors room at the Crofoot
9/8 - Bloomington, IN @ SPAZM House
9/9 - Muncie, IN @ Doc's Music Hall
9/10 - Dayton, OH @ Blind Bob's
9/11 - Athens, Oh @ TBA

More to come!

4 comments:

  1. Do you mean Hot Springs, AR as in Arkansas? Or AK as in Alaska. If it's Arkansas, that show has possibilities for at least 2 people to show up. Well, 2 people you, I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is Arkansas. I'm an idiot. You going to come?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be SO STOKED if you played a show in California! I would totally drive any distance to see you guys. I consider breakthroughs in modern art a perfect album :] Some of those riffs are so killllller

    ReplyDelete