Wednesday, October 6, 2010

At Home in Bummer City

It's not as bad as I'm making it out to be. After being home for a few weeks now, we're starting to all ground ourselves and think productivly about the future. It's still difficult to determine when we will be able to play again, or rather all live in the same city. Will has been forced to relocate to Cleveland so he can stay with his parents. He left me a voicemail yesturday, and I have yet to call him back, but according to Schreiber, he's working at a restaurant a few miles down the street from his parents house as a line cook, rides his bike to work everyday and has been furiously writing new material. I am now proudly employed by a local body art studio called Evolved. Everyone who works there is super rad, and it's a very comfortable environment for me. I will have to find something else as I currently only have 18 hours on the schedule, but I'm happy there. Schreiber has a line on a Starbucks gig slingin caffeen to the masses. He also had an interview for a job yesturday, and when I asked him what it was or what he would be doing he said, "It's some company that does stuff, they sell things like auctioning or something. I have no idea." So I don't really know what that's all about. I haven't talked to Miller for a while, but I'm assuming he is really busy at the studio. They are closing up shop for a while this month and are trying to finish up a bunch of projects. In other news, my friend Adam and I started a hardcore/metal project last summer (not this past summer, but the summer before) and wrote 3 1/2 songs. Even though I am a bit biased, I must admit, they are super brutal and sick. We are going to get that going again and I think Schreiber is going to hop in on bass. Once we come up with a name, I'll post some tracks online somewhere. Any suggestions?

Something else I've been thinking about posting recently are some old SG tracks. Being that we won't be releasing any new material anytime soon, I though it would be appropriate to release some classic tracks from the old EP's, or even put up some unreleased material. I'm not sure if a lot of our fans are aware we were an instrumental band for 3 years and released 2 EP's. It's music that we are very proud of, and are more than willing to share with the world. I'll let you know when that shit goes up.

All in all, since our tour was abruptly de-railed, we all have a positive outlook on the future. We have all decided that making music in Six Gallery is too important to us. Our label is still behind us, our booking agent is still behind us. I just hope that when we emerge, stronger than ever, you all will still be behind us.

2 comments:

  1. Geez guys thats pretty rough.... i really hope you get things sorted out in the best of ways.

    I cant wait to have another chance to see yall in concert soon, hit me up and ill see if i cant reccomend some good places around here next time you come by. Ill be checkin this for updates, tell me if i can help any!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do release those EPs!
    And I mentioned in one of the older posts that I would love if SG played in California. my friend books shows in the bay area :)) sooo if it's convenient for you, I could ask her!

    ReplyDelete